Bill Couchenour | Monday, July 04, 2011
Several weeks ago I was thinking about the qualities of a life well lived. You know, one that has no regrets, is able to be present in the moment and builds a foundation for the future. Here are the attitudes/actions I think (at least my current thinking) produce a life well lived:
1) Prayer (asking and listening so that God may work through me)
2) Focus (Clarity on the broad goals and what they mean to me today/this week)
3) Wisdom (gathering promised divine wisdom as well as the wisdom of counselors)
4) Integrity (everything done with purity and wholeness; words, actions and attitudes line up)
5) Passion (not always expressed emotionally but a gut level connection with God’s purpose for my life)
6) Service (This is the posture God would have me take in my life and work)
7) Faith (a strong belief that God is passionate about my good regardless of what I see at the moment)
Let me be clear, these are what I aspire to, not what I live every day. But I pledge to you that I will, in God’s strength, live these qualities this and every week. If our primary purpose is to bring glory to God, this is probably a good start. But…
…what did I miss?
- Trackback Link
Post has no trackbacks.