Cogun was formed in 1970 by James R. Couchenour in response to a need for an organization committed to assisting churches with the challenges and opportunities of expansion. Cogun partners with independent architectural firms to design and build church facilities that accommodate dreams and desires, as well as budgets. Since 1970, Cogun has successfully designed and built over 670 projects in 33 states.
Cogun's Corporate Headquarters is located in North Lima, Ohio and maintains offices throughout the eastern United States.
At a leadership meeting in 2000, we defined our Sacred Purpose as..."to be the number one source for helping churches develop the right ministry space". We are delighted to have the opportunity to do this every day with churches across the country.
CEO, Scott Couchenour
• We are facilitating the extension of Christ's kingdom through our efforts.
• We are personally and corporately serving Christ directly through our efforts.
• All that we do should be done "as unto the Lord".
• We must be of the highest moral and ethical character.
• The people we serve are "Very Special People".
• We must care about each church, serving it as though it were our own local church.
• We must function like a "task force" attached to the ministerial staff.
• The development of pleasant life-long friendships with those we serve is of utmost importance.
• In doing more than that for which we are contractually obligated.
• Strongly in growth. . . personal and corporate.
• It is important to enjoy what we are doing and to be positive people.
• Our efforts must bring a deep sense of fulfillment to us individually.
• That living by these beliefs daily is crucial to successfully fulfilling our purpose.